So you know your favorite keywords, you know what people are searching for within your niche. You have seen the data that shows hundreds or thousands of unique visitors each day are hunting for [your favorite search term]. And the kicker is you offer a solution to exactly what those poor people are browsing for. But the issue surfaces that your website which shows your products and services is nowhere to be found on the user’s results page.
So you recognize what needs to happen. You need to have Oprah tell the world that what you offer is the dominant option and that everyone needs to buy it…
As great as that sounds, it’s not quite the likeliest of solutions.
But, you may have guessed it, there is a solution at your fingertips. It’s called search engine marketing.
When it comes to search engine marketing, there are 3 main levels of budgeting involved, and 2 different yet symbiotic strategies. You can dump a bunch of money into Adwords and tell Google to show you first no matter what the cost is. Or, you can organically get you site found by doing linkbuilding, linkbaiting, article marketing, and strategically planned content creation.
LARGE BUDGET: Pay per click
Search engine marketing entails two main wings to it. On one hand, there is the paid per click marketing side in which you pay to get placed at the highest spots of Google’s search results. If you have a large budget and need instant results, this should be your first consideration.
If you are visiting this site, likely the truth is you would not even waste your time reading anything that starts out with LARGE BUDGET. I’ll go ahead to the next option.
DO IT YOURSELF: No cost, only your time
The best thing about getting your website found in Google is that you can do everything yourself. You do not need to rely on anyone else in any way, shape, or form.
There are many steps involved, but if you are an enthusiastic business owner or employee, the steps are very easy to follow.
See our Inspiration SEO downloads to get you started in the right track.
Inspire My SEO Efforts Now >>
MODERATE BUDGET: SEO Consultant
Somewhere in-between having a large budget for marketing and doing everything yourself is where many people often fall. They do not have the backing needed to fund a massive pay-per-click campaign, yet they also do not have the time to do all the work required to make SEO efforts successful. Why investing in an SEO consultant makes sense and can be affordable?
- Within 3 to 6 months, you should start seeing results. Meaning the work that the SEO consultant is doing is driving new visitors to your website, and if done correctly, is driving new sales.
- With proper sales strategies, likely only a few hard earned sales driven through SEO will allow you to re-invest your earnings into the marketing efforts. You’ve heard of the term cost-per-acquisition? Well, with SEO, the cost-per-acquisition is heading towards zero. The first few months that your SEO consultant works towards growing your rankings will make the cost-per-acquisition higher as sales are minimal. Once you the SEO efforts settle in, the work of the SEO consultant may shrink to minimum ultimately making new visitors cost virtually nothing.
- Start doing everything you can to connect with businesses in your industry. Offer events, activities, or free giveaways that others will talk about and discuss.
- Many have found success by using our Inspiration SEO tutorials which are delivered throughout the course of the year and designed to help entrepreneurs stay focused and inspired to do actionable tasks that grow their SEO rankings. See the Tutorials Now
- Connect with us to ask us how we might be able to suggest recommendations for growing your rankings on Google.
How do you make the budgeting make sense for your situation?
- You need to see that the money you put in to your SEO work will result in a certain amount of dollars coming back into the company. You actually have the right to ask you SEO consultant how their efforts will ultimately lead towards sales. You can get a better understanding of the leads that are generating and what action the leads will take within your website.
- Make sure your SEO consultant is giving monthly SEO reporting. This means they are delivering to you a monthly report of the activities that were accomplished along with the changes in rankings that have occurred with regards to your target terms.
- Ultimately, you have to be patient. Patience and consistency is the most difficult thing, yet also arguably the most important set of factors involved in a successful SEO campaign.